Thursday, December 26, 2013

having fun

Sometimes you have to draw things you can't trick yourself into thinking you want to draw.  It's no big deal.  But it's important to not let it suck all of the art life out of you.  That is one of the reasons I keep up with my sketchbook.  It helps me learn and grow in a lot of ways but it also helps me remember to just have fun.  That's where this came from.


Just a simple little doodle in my sketchbook I did one day when I was fed up with drawing what I was supposed to be drawing.  It's silly and it's certainly not what I would normally do but I didn't care.  I just wanted to have fun with something.  I had also been doing nothing but traditional work outside of my full-time job (which is all digital) and I was struggling with doing anything digital at home.  Turns out, just painting a sketchbook page was a lot of fun.  It's not finished, it's not something I did for a portfolio piece.  I just wanted to do something for fun.  And fun was had :).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment